- For up to date information about the Covid-19 Virus in the state of Virginia, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/.
- Virginia 211 is working on the front lines of the pandemic. Expert 211 specialists provide real-time information on social services and other resources to those in need. If you know someone who is struggling, or just looking for a source of reliable information, tell them to call 2-1-1 or visit www.211virginia.org.
- Presription Savings from FamilyWize can help households save money.
The FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card:
- Is free for everyone – it’s like a coupon that you can use as often as you want.
- Reduces cost – just show the card every time to get the lowest prices, whether it be FamilyWize, insurance or retail price.
- Is easy to use with no registration or eligibility requirements.
- Covers FDA approved prescription medications.
- Saves an average of 45% on prescriptions.
- Accepted at major chain pharmacies nationwide
To use the FamilyWize Prescription Savings Card:
You can Download and print a card or text "family" to 700700 to receive a card on your phone (Message and data rates may apply. FamilyWize Terms and Privacy). Once you have received the card, you can opt out of getting messages by texting “STOP.” You can also download the FamilyWize app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Drug Price LookUp Tool:
You are able to see the FamilyWize price of your prescription(s) by either going to familywize.org or by downloading the free FamilyWize app. Simply enter your drug name, dosage and zip code to find the lowest price within a 10 mile radius.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
For information regarding free meals, text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877.
LOCAL FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore has scheduled the following mobile pantry distributions:
- Southampton County Public Schools is delivering free breakfast and lunch during the schoolweek to all children living in Southampton County. To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/SCPS-MealDelivery.
- Cover 3 Foundation is providing meals on a first come, first serve basis at 125 S. College Drive in Franklin. Breakfast & Lunch will be provided Monday - Friday from 10am - 1pm during the COVID-19 pandemic. Drive up to the door with the yellow sign to pick up.
- The Franklin Cooperative Ministry is open Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM and will distribute food outside of the building. If you have never received food from them, they will need a photo ID and minimal paperwork (name, address and household members)
- If you or someone you know is a senior in need of food assistance and meets the criteria in the photo below, you may qualify to have healthy, prepared meals from Mercy Chefs delivered to you through a partnership with the Foodbank, Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia and community faith-based partners. Together, we can provide food and demonstrate faith to bring hope to seniors in our community.