- For up to date information about the Covid-19 Virus in the state of Virginia, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/.
- Virginia 211 is working on the front lines of the pandemic. Expert 211 specialists provide real-time information on social services and other resources to those in need. If you know someone who is struggling, or just looking for a source of reliable information, tell them to call 2-1-1 or visit www.211virginia.org.
- It’s critical that we all do our part to stay safe and healthy through this time. Get your free FamilyWize prescription discount card to save on your prescriptions and make sure to ask your pharmacist about curbside pickup and delivery options so you can stay home and stay healthy. Visit the website at www.familywize.org or text FAMILY to 700700.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION INFORMATION
For information regarding free meals, text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877.
LOCAL FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
- The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore has scheduled the following mobile pantry distributions:
Pre-registration is not required and no paperwork will be filled out or collected.
- Cover 3 Foundation is providing meals on a first come, first serve basis at 125 S. College Drive in Franklin. Breakfast & Lunch will be provided Monday - Friday from 10am - 1pm during the COVID-19 pandemic. Drive up to the door with the yellow sign to pick up.
- The Franklin Cooperative Ministry is open Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM and will distribute food outside of the building. If you have never received food from them, they will need a photo ID and minimal paperwork (name, address and household members) They have an outdoor bench so please don't worry about having to come into the lobby. They are wiping down clipboards and pens, and will gladly bring the food outside to you. You may also designate someone to pick up food on your behalf. They are doing the best they can to meet needs while minimizing contact!
- If you or someone you know is a senior in need of food assistance and meets the criteria in the photo below, you may qualify to have healthy, prepared meals from Mercy Chefs delivered to you through a partnership with the Foodbank, Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia and community faith-based partners. Together, we can provide food and demonstrate faith to bring hope to seniors in our community.