What is Community Impact?
- Improving the lives of all people affected by the community’s issues – not just clients of programs funded by United Way.
- Pinpointing the root causes of problems that threaten our community and developing strategies and partnerships to change them.
- Working in a multi-faceted role with whatever partners can play a role in changing community conditions.
- Going beyond the annual campaign to create long-term, ongoing relationships with diverse community investors.
Your United Way Creates Community Impact Through:
- United For Impact Teen Volunteer & Leadership Training Program
Student Success Life Skills Program
Student Employment Readiness Workshop
Community Outreach Events such as Community Day, Fall Festival, Chamber Expo, and Photos with Santa
Coordinating Community Volunteer Opportunities
The Smart Beginnings Western Tidewater Collaboration
Franklin Southampton Wellness Coaltion
- The Family Wize Prescription Drug Discount Program
- Local Day of Action and Day of Caring Events